The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies from the 25th May 2018 to all EEA countries, and aims to harmonise data protection procedures and enforcement across the EU.
LegalRoad’s Data Protection and Privacy Team can help you to navigate your business through this major change in the way you operate.
Our team brings together a mix of specialists with expertise across all areas of data protection and privacy.
All businesses need to act now to ensure their supplier and customer contracts are GDPR compliant to reduce the risk of sanctions of up to 4% of global annual turnover for non-compliance.
What is re-papering?
The GDPR requires all commercial contracts involving personal data to be amended by the 25th May 2018 to include new mandatory provisions that ensures
- People processing the data are subject to a duty of confidence
- Appropriate measures are taken to ensure the security of processing data
- The promotion & compliance of GDPR obligations
- Audits & inspections
- The provision of timely and relevant information
LegalRoad can help you to –
- Design and implement robust process-driven re-papering strategies;
- Build key tools and playbooks to undertake a successful repapering;
- Negotiating contract amendments with counterparties on your behalf;
- Provide end to end legal project management for re-papering;
We can help you act now to ensure your supplier and customer contracts are GDPR-ready.